And for a little extra encouragement I bring to you this small link on feng shui and windows. Regardless of whether you believe this eastern philosophy inspired design process, sometimes its useful in understanding how to create peaceful environments. Also its never a bad thing to expand your knowledge and consideration of other cultures and practices!
Feng Shui For Windows
picture from www.AceHardwareHome.com
These tips come from TLC Howstuffworks on homes. Please visit this link for an extended list!
- When wiping windows, clean one side with horizontal strokes and one side with vertical so that you can pinpoint which side is streaking.
- Wash windows from the top down.
- Wipe windows with t shirt or diaper material.
- Wiping windows with newspaper leaves a film that resists dirt.
- Polishing windows after cleaned and dried with a black board eraser will make them sparkle.
- Always clean windows on a cloudy day so that the heat of the sun doesn't evaporate your cleaner.