- especially if you haven't done it in a while
- don't have permanent homes for belongings
- or you are a notorious tinkerer constantly unleashing a storm of projects upon your home space
One method I've been implementing lately is the "clean a surface a day" method. It literally involves choosing a table, chair, corner, or shelf covered in stuff and minimizing it to several organized piles or putting things away all together. It has been a big help and I've been doing it in the morning so that I feel like I've accomplished something for myself early on. Here's an inspirational before and after picture set!
Here's a couple of thought provoking tips from Lifeorganizers.com. Read more on the site!
- Don't keep things you don't like.
- Don't keep things for other people.
- Aim to reduce by a definite number.
- When its in with the new, it's out with the old!
- Prepare yourself mentally, never say never.